Train technical manpower of the Indian paper industry and personal involved in paper handling so as to equip them to cope with new technological developments taking place elsewhere.
¤ Conducted eight training under Cess schemes in following areas, which were attended by 227 technical personals.
- Pulping, Bleaching & Pulp Quality
- Waste Paper Recycling & Energy Conservation
- Chemical Recovery & Environment Management
- Utilisation of Non-Wood Fibres in Indian Paper Industry
- Sizing & Coating
- Calibration & Testing Methods
- Biotechnological Applications & Environmental Management In Pulp & Paper Industry
- Maintenance in Pulp & Paper Mills
¤ Onsite training programmes were conducted for the following-
- BILT- Sewa
- BILT- Yamunanagar
- BILT- Ballarshah
- HPC, Nagaon
- HPC, Cachar
- Orient Paper Mills, Amlai
¤ Rendered technical training to Scientists/Engineers/Students, etc. from developing nations like, Myanmar, Nepal, Sudan, Uganda and North Korea.
¤ Conducted International workshop on “Current Technology Needs of Paper Industry” on May 20, 2009 at Scope Complex,New Delhi.
¤ Conducted one day workshop on “Solutions to Emerging Environmental Concerns in Pulp & Paper Industry” on July 02,, 2009 at New Delhi.
¤ Conducted one day workshop on “Recovery of Lignin & Carbohydrate from Spent Pulping Liquor and their use as a source of Clean Energy” on Aug. 06, 2009 at CPPRI, Saharanpur.